Saturday 10 February 2007

Well i'm here

I've arrived...and don't the men of Egypt know about it. Ever so friendly these chaps are and they want to know all the intricate details of your life. I've been welcomed, called beautiful from afar and been quizzed better than anything Eddie McGuyer could do. I've only been in the country 8 hours with 6 of them spent in bed! I know, i know i can hear you saying 'be careful susanna' well i am. I'm being ever so careful to watch how many times i get called beautiful a day ;-)

So my flight over was interesting and long. Boy oh boy was it long. After the first leg of 8 hours i had had enough. I don't pick myself as a contortionist but i twisted my body into every imaginable position within 1 metre square and still never found that comfortable spot.

The plane landed in Singapore with and 1 hour stop over so i wandered around Singapore airport looking for a camera shop. Here i am in Asia, with thousands of shops around and Susanna can't find a camera store. Typical!!

So back on the plane for another 13 hour stint and im off again in Dubai. I knew there was a point during my trip i was going to get lost and this was the place to do it.

Then back on the plane again for another 4 hours to Cairo. THANK GOD IM OFF!!!!

So i've arrived and it's INTERESTING!!!! Dirty as anything with garbage in the gutters, every building is brown and old and falling apart. I have already had one black out in my room and i have everything securely strapped to me in fear of it going walk about. I even sleep in my sleeping bag in fear the bed lice will take me away.

The hotel lobby is fancy but my room is super basic. I'm happy i have my sleeping bag and rubber thongs. So tonight im about to meet up with my friends, yes i have some already, and no they are not Egyptian men, and i'll be heading out to dinner somewhere some how. It's 5:30pm and pitch black outside. My hotel is in an a dodgy ally way next to the Syrian embassy and they have these big arse machine guns. Don't think it will be an idea to take a photo with the guy and me slipping some rabbit ears behind his head.

so that's it from me for now. Tomorrow i discover Cairo. I shall let you all know how this goes.

No comments: