Wednesday 24 January 2007

15 Days to go and the heat is on

It's time to get this thing rolling. With just 15 days left on the Egypt counter you'd think organising my trip would be number one priority. Well, it is! Work has become this constant grind waking each morning and i feel insanely unmotivated heading into the pee pee soaked heck hole each day.... so nothing has really changed.


I have organised my vaccinations, my transfers, my documents, my phone and even my wedding ring but im baffled as to what im going to wear!!! When i think Egypt i think 50 degree days of dragging my knuckles through desert and seeing mirages of naked men swimming in oasis pools of water in the distance. Not nights of wearing thermal underwear ,clambering mountains of snow and sporting thick jackets around the markets of Cairo. No, this is not the Egypt i know and im defiant in letting it get this cold.... all of a sudden i have become god and have the powers to keep the weather at a barmie 32 degrees.


It may come as a surprise to some but im not god, and it wont be the barmie 32 degrees i would like so i need to work out my clothes situation sooner rather than later. Packing four seasons in my little backpack is going to be a tiresome feat thats for sure. I can imagine it looking like a string tied roast lamb once im finished packing. One false move and the thing will explode. Looks like i wont be taking the foot spa and portable television after all.....

No comments: